||eCFR Subpart DDDDD - [ecfr.gov]
This subpart applies to:
- new, reconstructed, and existing industrial, commercial, and institutional boilers and process heaters located at Major Sources of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs)*.
Not subject to this subpart:
- Electric utility steam-generating units (EGUs)
- Recovery boilers/furnaces
- Boilers or process heaters used specifically for research and development
- Hot water heaters
- Temporary boilers
- Refining kettles
- Ethylene cracking furnaces
- Blast furnace stoves
- Blast furnace gas fuel-fired boilers and process heaters
- Hazardous waste boilers
*Major Sources of HAPs emit or have the potential to emit:
- ≥ 10 tons per year of a single HAP, or
- ≥ 25 tons per year of total HAPs.
- Area Sources emit less than Major Sources.
|Rules apply to small, area sources?
|Known Sources in NDEQ Jurisdiction:
(See attached file: 5D - Initial Notifications Received 2014-05-27.pdf)
|Date of Original Final Rule:
||11/20/2015 - Final Rule; Final Action on Reconsideration
01/31/2013 - Final Rule
12/23/2011 - Proposed Rule
05/18/2011 - Delay of effective date during Reconsideration
03/21/2011 - Final Rule, Reconsideration of Final Rule
06/04/2010 - Proposed Rule
|State Regulations (Title 129):
||Title 129, Chapter 28, Section 001.70. Sources are also responsible for ensuring they are in compliance with current federal requirements found for this subpart in the CFR.
||40 CFR 63.7480
||Subpart D, Da, Db, Dc - Fossil fuel-fired, electric utility, large and small industrial, commercial, and institutional steam generating units.
Subpart CCCC - Commercial, Industrial Solid Waste Incinerators - New units
Subpart DDDD - Commercial, Industrial Solid Waste Incinerators - Existing Units
NESHAP - 40 CFR Part 63Subpart JJJJJJ - Boilers (area sources)
|Regulations and Federal Registers:
|eCFR Subpart DDDDD - [ecfr.gov]
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2015-11-20 - Final Rule; Action on Reconsideration.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2013-01-31 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2011-12-23 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2011-05-18 - Delay of effective date during Reconsideration.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2011-03-21 - Reconsideration of Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2011-03-21 - Final rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Fed. Reg. 2010-06-04 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
||(See attached file: 5D - NDEQ Initial Notification Form.pdf)(See attached file: 5D - NDEQ Initial Notification Form.docx)
- Existing Source:
- Commenced construction or reconstruction on or before June 4, 2010.
- Commenced construction or reconstruction after June 4, 2010.
- If startup date is before Jan 31, 2013:
If startup date is on or after Jan 31, 2013:
- Must notify by May 31, 2013.
- Must notify within 15 days of startup.
- Existing source:
New or reconstructed source:
- Must comply by Jan 31, 2016.
Notice of Intent to Test
Compliance Status Notification
- Must comply by April 1, 2013 or upon startup, whichever is later.
- No later than 60 days after the test and/or other initial compliance demonstration(s).
- Semiannual for sources with emissions or operating limits.
- Sources that are required only to do biennial, annual, or 5-year tune-ups may instead submit biennial, annual, or 5-year reports, respectively.
- The first report:
- Must cover the period from the compliance date to either Jan 31 or July 31, whichever is at least 180 days after the compliance date.
- Must be submitted no later than Jan 31 or July 31, whichever follows the end of the first calendar half after the compliance date.
- Must cover the period from Jan 1 through June 30 or July 1 through Dec 31.
- Must be submitted no later than July 31 or Jan 31, whichever comes first.
|FAQs, Fact Sheets, and Rule Summaries:
(See attached file: 5D - EPA Redline Strikeout showing October 2015 changes compared to January 2013.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - EPA Compliance Guide for 2013 Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - EPA Fact Sheet - Final Reconsideration November 2015.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - EPA Fact Sheet - Reconsideration of the Air Toxics Standards December 2014.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Boiler No Action Assurance Letter - 02-07 2012.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - EPA1-18-12 letter of no action assurance.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Vacature of Boiler Stay 010912.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D - Stayed Effectiveness 05-16-2011.pdf)
|Presentations, Training and Articles:
||(See attached file: 5D & 6J - EPA OAQPS Summary - Final Rules 03-2011.pdf)
|Other Information and Resources:
||EPA's Boiler & Process Heater Website [epa.gov] - contains federal registers, regulatory background, and webinar information.
EPA Sponsored Combustion Portal [combustionportal.org] - Federal & state compliance information & sustainability content for combustion processes
(See attached file: 5D - DOE Guidance for Calculated Emission Credits.pdf)
(See attached file: 5D & 6J - Congressional Report on Proposal - 10-21-2010.pdf)
|Page Last Updated: