||eCFR Subpart LLL [ecfr.gov]
This subpart applies to portland cement plants that are Major or Area Sources* of HAPs.
Raw material dryers
Open clinker storage piles
Major Sources only:
- Includes alkali bypasses and inline coal mills.
- Does not include kilns that burn hazardous waste and are subject to NESHAP EEE.
- Raw material, clinker, or finished product storage bins
- Conveying system transfer points
- Bagging and bulk loading/unloading systems
*Major Sources emit or have the potential to emit:
- > 10 tons per year of any single HAP, or
- > 25 tons per year of combined HAPs.
- Area Sources emit less than Major Sources.
|Rules apply to small, area sources?
|Known Sources in NDEQ Jurisdiction:
|Date of Original Final Rule:
||02/12/2013 - 78 FR 10006 - Final Rule
07/18/2012 - 77 FR 42368 - Proposed Rule
01/18/2011 - 76 FR 2832 - Direct final & proposal - clarification & correction
09/09/2010 - 75 FR 54970 - Final rule - standards for Hg, HCL, THC, & PM
12/20/2006 - 71 FR 76553 - Final rule
12/06/2002 - 67 FR 72580 - Final rule
07/05/2002 - 67 FR 44769 - Corrections
07/02/2002 - 67 FR 44371 - Final rule; partial withdrawal
04/05/2002 - 67 FR 16624 - Proposed rule; and final rule
|State Regulations (Title 129):
||Title 129, Chapter 28, Section 001.42
||40 CFR 63.1340
||Subpart F – Portland Cement Plants
|Regulations and Federal Registers:
eCFR Subpart LLL [ecfr.gov]
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2013-02-12 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2012-07-18 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2012-05-08 - Proposed Settlement Agreement.pdf)
The settlement agreement requires EPA to repropose the rule by 6/15/12, extend the compliance date for existing sources, and issue a final rule by 12/20/12.
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2011-05-17 - Reconsideration.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2011-01-18 - Direct Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2010-09-09 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2009-03-06 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2006-12-20 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 2002-04-05 - Direct Final Rule and Amendments.pdf)
(See attached file: 3L - Fed. Reg. 1999-06-14 - Final Rule.pdf)
- Existing Source = commenced construction or reconstruction on or before May 6, 2009
- New Source = commenced construction or reconstruction after May 6, 2009
Notice of Intent to Test
Compliance Status Notification
- Existing Sources = Sep 9, 2015
- Compliance date for open clinker pile requirements is Feb 12, 2014.
- New Sources = Feb 12, 2013 or upon startup, whichever is later.
- Required to test = 60 days after test
- No test, but opacity or visible emissions observation required = 30 days after observation
- 30 days following end of calendar half
|FAQs, Fact Sheets, and Rule Summaries:
||Rule Flowchart - Texas CEQ [tceq.state.tx.us]
EPA's Subpart LLL Website [epa.gov] - contains federal register notices and technical information
|Presentations, Training and Articles:
||(See attached file: 3L - EPA Training 2005 handouts.pdf)
|Other Information and Resources:
|Page Last Updated: