||eCFR Subpart WWWW [ecfr.gov]
This subpart applies to:
Not subject to this subpart:
- Reinforced plastic composites production facilities at Major Sources* of HAPs that use thermoset resins or gel coats containing styrene.
- Any associated cleaning, mixing, HAP-containing materials storage, or repair operations.
- Facilities used only for repair. This includes the non-routine manufacture of individual parts or components intended to repair larger items.
- Research and development facilities as defined in section 112 (c)(7) of the Clean Air Act.
- Facilities that use less than 1.2 tons per year combined of resins and gel coats containing styrene.
- Sources subject to NESHAP VVVV.
*Major Sources emit or have the potential to emit:
- > 10 tons per year of a single HAP, or
- > 25 tons per year combined HAPs.
- Area Sources emit less than Major Sources.
|Rules apply to small, area sources?
|Known Sources in NDEQ Jurisdiction:
|Date of Original Final Rule:
||08/25/2005 - Direct Final Rule; Amendments
04/21/2003 - Final Rule
|State Regulations (Title 129):
||Title 129,Chapter 28, Section 001.68. Sources are also responsible for ensuring they are in compliance with current federal requirements found for this subpart in the CFR.
||40 CFR 63.5780
||Subpart SS - Closed Vent Systems/Control Devices
Subpart VVVV - Boat Manufacturing
Subpart PPPP - Plastic Parts and Products (surface coating)
Subpart MMMM - Misc Metal Parts and Products (surface coating)
|Regulations and Federal Registers:
|eCFR Subpart WWWW [ecfr.gov]
(See attached file: 4W - Fed. Reg. 2005-08-25 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 4W - Fed. Reg. 2003-04-21 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 4W - Fed. Reg. 2001-08-02 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
||NDEQ Notification Form
(See attached file: 4W - Initial Notification Form.pdf)(See attached file: 4W - Initial Notification Form.docx)
- Existing Source = constructed or reconstructed on or before Aug 2, 2001
- New Source = constructed or reconstructed after Aug 2, 2001, with no prior reinforced plastic composite manufacturing on-site
- Existing source = Must notify by Aug 19, 2003
- New source = Must notify by Aug 19, 2003 or within 120 days of startup, whichever is later.
- Existing source
- If Major Source on or before subpart publication date = Must comply by April 21, 2006
- If it becomes a Major Source after the subpart publication date = must comply within 3 years of becoming a Major Source
Centrifugal & continuous lamination/casting that exceeds 100 tons per year = must comply within 3 years following semiannual report
Compliance Status Notification
- If Major Source upon startup = Must comply by April 21, 2003 or upon startup, whichever is later
- If it becomes a Major Source after startup = Immediately upon becoming a Major Source
- If using organic HAP Averaging
If using Organic HAP Content limits, application equipment requirements or emissions limits (other than averaging)
- No later than 1 year + 30 days from compliance date
If using add on control
- No later than 30 days from compliance date
- No later than 60 days after test
- Must also submit a Notice of Intent to test 60 days in advance
- Semiannual Reports
Startup, Shutdown, & Malfunction (SSM)
- One for each reporting period of January 1 to June 30 or July 1 to December 31
- Due July 31 or January 31, respectively
- Can be submitted with Certification of Compliance & Deviation Reports
- Must be submitted for any SSM not consistent with your SSM plan
- Notification must be given by fax or phone within 2 working days
- Written notification must be given 7 working days
|FAQs, Fact Sheets, and Rule Summaries:
||(See attached file: 4W - CFA Guide.pdf)
(See attached file: 4W - EPA Applic. Chart 2004.pdf)
(See attached file: 4W - EPA FAQ 05-2006.pdf)
EPA's Subpart WWWW Website [epa.gov] - contains federal register notices and more implementation tools
|Presentations, Training and Articles:
|| (See attached file: 4W - EPA Training 12-2006.pdf)
|Other Information and Resources:
||(See attached file: 4W - NDEQ Inspection checklist 2001.pdf)
(See attached file: 4W - EPA example calculations 12-2005.pdf)
|Page Last Updated: