||eCFR Subpart DD [ecfr.gov]
This subpart applies to:
- Grain terminal elevators and grain storage elevators that commence construction after Aug 3, 1978.
Definition of "Grain terminal elevator"
- Truck loading or unloading stations;
- Barge and ship loading or unloading stations;
- Railcar loading or unloading stations;
- Grain dryers;
- Grain handling operations.
Definition of "Grain storage elevator"
- Any grain elevator which has a permanent storage capacity of more than 2.5 million U.S. bushels, except those located at animal food manufacturers, pet food manufacturers, cereal manufacturers, breweries, and livestock feedlots.
- Any grain elevator located at any wheat flour mill, wet corn mill, dry corn mill (human consumption), rice mill, or soybean oil extraction plant which has a permanent storage capacity of 1 million bushels.
Modifications (by themselves) do not include:
If permanent storage capacity increases over the applicability threshold (previous existing storage capacity below threshold), then only the affected facilities that were added or modified are subject to this subpart. Sources should document which affected facilities were added or modified due to the installation of storage capacity.
- Addition of gravity loadout spouts to existing grain storage or grain transfer bins.
- Installation of automatic grain weighing scales.
- Replacement of motor and drive units driving existing grain handling equipment.
- Installation of permanent storage capacity with no increase in hourly grain handling capacity.
|Known Sources in NDEQ Jurisdiction:
|Date of Original Final Rule:
||10/17/2000 (65 FR 61759)
02/14/1989 (54 FR 6674)
11/05/1987 (52 FR 42434)
||Title 129, Chapter 18, Section 001.19
||40 CFR 60.300
||Subpart CCCC - Nutritional Yeast Manufacturing
Subpart GGGG - Solvent Extraction for Vegetable Oil Production
Subpart DDDDDDD - Prepared Feeds Manufacturing
|Regulations and Federal Registers:
||eCFR Subpart DD [ecfr.gov]
(See attached file: 2D-2Da - Fed. Reg. 2014-07-09 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 2D - Fed. Reg. 1987-11-05 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 2D - Fed. Reg. 1978-08-03 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: 2D - Fed. Reg. 1977-01-13 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
|FAQs, Fact Sheets, and Rule Summaries:
||Rule Flowchart - Texas CEQ [tceq.state.tx.us]
EPA determinations related to temporary/permanent grain storage:
(See attached file: 2D - EPA 2014-07-01 - Letter to National Grain & Feed Association re Temporary vs Permanent Storage.pdf)
(See attached file: 2D - EPA 2007-11-21 - RESCINDED July 2014 - Letter to National Grain & Feed Association re Temporary vs Permanent Storage - RESCINDED July 2014.pdf)
EPA determinations related to expansions and capacity:
(See attached file: 2D - EPA 2005-02-01 - Use of Grain Storage Capacity to Determine Applicability.pdf)
(See attached file: 2D - EPA 1982-05-20 - Applicability re Facilities Loading into Portable Augers.pdf)
(See attached file: 2D - EPA 1982-04-13 - Applicability re Addition of Grain Storage Capacity.pdf)
|Other Information and Resources:
|Page Last Updated: