||eCFR Subpart Da [ecfr.gov]
This subpart applies to:
- Electric utility steam generating units and IGCC* gas turbines that can combust >73 MW (250 MMBtu/hr) heat input of fossil fuel
Heat recovery steam generators used with duct burners that are associated with stationary combustion turbines that can combust >73 MW (250 MMBtu/hr) heat input of fossil fuel
- Steam generating units (e.g., boilers, furnaces) are subject if they commenced construction, modification, or reconstruction after September 18, 1978.
- IGCC gas turbines are subject if they commenced construction, modification, or reconstruction after February 28, 2005.
Not subject to this subpart:
- This does not apply if the heat recovery steam generator is subject to NSPS KKKK.
- Only emissions from fuel combustion in the steam generating unit (i.e., duct burners) are subject to this subpart. Emissions resulting from turbine fuel combustion are subject to NSPS GG or KKKK, as applicable.
- Affected facilities that are subject to NSPS Eb or CCCC.
Note that the above heat input value for gas turbines includes both the combustion turbine engine and associated heat recovery steam generator.
Changes made to an existing steam generating unit to accommodate the use of other fuels does not make the unit subject to this subpart.
*IGCC = "Integrated gasification combined cycle" gas turbine designed to burn fuels containing at least 50% heat input of solid-derived fuel that does not meet the definition of natural gas.
|Known Sources in NDEE Jurisdiction:
|Date of Original Final Rule:
||04/19/2012 (77 FR 23402)
02/16/2012 (77 FR 9477)
01/20/2011 (76 FR 3522)
01/28/2009 (74 FR 5076)
06/13/2007 (72 FR 32710)
02/27/2006 (71 FR 9866)
08/30/2005 (70 FR 51266)
06/11/2001 (66 FR 31177)
04/10/2001 (66 FR 18546)
10/17/2000 (65 FR 61744)
02/12/1999 (64 FR 7464)
09/16/1998 (63 FR 49453)
06/29/1995 (60 FR 33915)
05/07/1990 (55 FR 18876)
02/14/1990 (55 FR 5212)
05/17/1989 (54 FR 21344)
02/14/1989 (54 FR 6662)
||Title 129, Chapter 18, Section 001.11
||40 CFR 60.40a
||Subparts D, Db, and Dc - Steam Generating Units
Subparts GG and KKKK - Combustion Turbines
Subpart TTTT - GHG standards for Electric Utilities
NESHAP - 40 CFR Part 63Subpart DDDDD - Major Source Boilers & Process Heaters
Subpart JJJJJJ - Area Source Boilers
Subpart UUUUU - Electric Utilities
|Regulations and Federal Registers:
||eCFR Subpart Da [ecfr.gov]
(See attached file: Da - Fed. Reg. 2013-04-23 - Final Rule; notice of final action on reconsideration.pdf)
(See attached file: Da - Fed. Reg. 2012-04-19 - Final Rule; correction.pdf)
(See attached file: D-Da-Db-Dc - Fed. Reg. 2012-02-16 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: D-Da-Db-Dc - Fed. Reg. 2011-05-03 - Proposed Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: D-Da-Db-Dc - Fed. Reg. 2011-01-20 - Direct Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: D-Da-Db-Dc - Fed. Reg. 2009-01-28 - Final Rule.pdf)
(See attached file: D-Da-Db-Dc - Fed. Reg. 2007-06-13 - Final Reconsideration.pdf)
|FAQs, Fact Sheets, and Rule Summaries:
||EPA's Energy, Engines and Combustion Website - [epa.gov] - contains federal register notices and technical information
EPA Sponsored Combustion Portal [combustionportal.org] - Federal & state compliance information & sustainability content for combustion processes
Rule Flowchart - Texas CEQ [tceq.state.tx.us]
|Other Information and Resources:
|Page Last Updated: