Clean Diesel Reimbursement Recipients Selected
Dec. 18, 2015 --The Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality announced the selection of six Nebraska schools that will receive Clean Diesel reimbursements. The reimbursements will be used to help the schools replace older school buses with new buses that have certified cleaner-burning engines. This funding is made possible by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s State Clean Diesel Grant program.
Schools across the state were informed of this opportunity in November, and all K-12 schools (both public and private) were eligible to apply. The reimbursements are to be used to help pay for replacement of 1991-2003 engine model year school buses that are still part of their active fleet with a new school bus powered by an EPA or CARB certified 2013 or newer model year engine.
Because the funds available for 2015 are limited, NDEQ had previously announced that it intended to award six reimbursements of up to $19,900. Because 17 applications were determined to be eligible, NDEQ conducted a drawing on Dec. 18 to select the six recipients. The first six selected in the drawing were:
1. Allen Consolidated Schools
2. County of Dixon School District (Ponca Public Schools)
3. Amherst Public Schools
4. St. Paul Public School
5. Riverside Public Schools
6. Milford Public Schools
If a selected grant recipient is unable to fulfill the terms of the grant, the reimbursement opportunity will be given to the next eligible school that was selected. The next schools selected in the drawing were:
7. Hayes Center Public Schools
8. Fremont Public Schools
9. Bishop Neumann Central High School
10. Mead Public Schools
11. Chadron Public Schools
12. Wausa Public Schools
13. Palmer Public Schools
14. Wood River Rural Junior-Senior High School
15. Brady Public School
16. Centura Public School
17. Osmond Community SchoolsMore information can be found by going to NDEQ’s web site and Selecting Publications/Air Quality, “2015 Clean Diesel School Bus Rebate Application and Instructions.” The direct web address is http://deq.ne.gov/Publica.nsf/pages/12-003.