New Industrial Stormwater General Permit Now Available
Deadline to Renew Coverage is January 1, 2017
July 29, 2016 -- The Department of Environmental Quality has issued the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISW-GP) NER910000. The permit became effective July 18, 2016 and expires June 30, 2021. The deadline to renew coverage is January 1, 2017.
The new permit can be found at NDEQ’s website at http://deq.ne.gov/publica.nsf/pages/wat011. In addition to the general permit itself, several other documents can be found on that page, including:
- Those who have an existing authorization under ISW-GP NER900000, are required to obtain coverage under NER910000. They should fill out and submit the Notice of Intent (NOI).
Those with questions can contact the program at (402) 471-4205.
- New facilities that require coverage should also fill out and submit the NOI. Those who are uncertain if the industrial storm water program applies to their facility should compare the facility’s Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) to those listed in Appendix D.
- Those who are qualified for the No Exposure Certification (NEC) under NER900000 are required to submit a new certification request under NER910000, using the No Exposure Certification Checklist and Request Form.
- Facilities that no longer require coverage or are permanently out of operation need to submit the Notice of Termination (NOT) form.
- KMZ map files with receiving water identification can be found on the web page containing the 2016 Surface Water Quality Integrated Report.
- Impaired waters are identified in the 2016 Surface Water Quality Integrated Report.
Online Process Coming Soon
Obtaining authorization under NER910000 will soon be an online process. When that occurs, paper NOIs and NEC applications will no longer be available on our website and applicants will be directed to the new online process.