Nebraska Department of
Applications and Forms
This information is
provided by the
of Environmental Quality
to assist the
public and regulated community.
Expanded Clean Diesel Rebate Application and Instructions.
Questions and Answers Regarding applications
If you have questions about the program, please review the following FAQ:
File Size 20 KB
The Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ) is pleased to announce this additional funding opportunity to assist trucking companies and independent owner-operators to purchase diesel or battery powered auxiliary power units in order to reduce engine idling which will reduce air pollution and fuel costs. This expanded funding opportunity is made possible by the Environmental Protection Agency’s State Clean Diesel Grant program. Eligible recipients may receive $3,500 per vehicle as reimbursement for the purchase and installation of new diesel or battery powered APU(s) on their long haul class 8 sleeper berth trucks. Eligible applicants will be reimbursed for up to 10 new diesel or battery powered APU(s) or $35,000 per recipient. Applicants may, however, apply for more than 10 rebates. Previous rebate recipients are eligible to apply for a rebate(s) under this program. If funds are still available as of June 1, 2012, additional rebates will be granted to applicants who have previously received a rebate(s) and to applicants who applied for more than 10 APUs based on the order in which applications were received in our office. Eligible applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis while rebate funds last.
The Word and PDF documents above contain the rebate application, eligibility information and related instructions.
Related documents include:
Note: Effective Oct. 1, 2009, any individual submitting any application or form that would derive public benefit from the state must also fill out a United States Citizenship Attestation form. This applies to individuals submitting the forms on their own behalf. If applicable, please fill out the United States Citizenship Attestation form below and submit it with the relevant applications and forms.
United States Citizenship Attestation Form
This Complete Form is only available as an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file.
File size is 97 KB
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Applicant must be a Nebraska resident and be registered to do business in Nebraska.
- Applicant must own the vehicle or, if leased, the applicant must provide a written statement from owner providing permission to alter the vehicle.
- Owner operators and trucking companies are eligible.
- Priority will be given to first time NDEQ rebate recipients.
- Previous applicants will be considered for rebates if funds are still available June 1, 2012 on a first-come, first-served basis.
PROCESS FOR RECEIVING A REBATE:
- Each truck must be a Nebraska registered class 8 long haul vehicle (i.e., minimum 33,001lb GVWR) equipped with a sleeper berth.
- Vehicles equipped with a 2006 or older engine are eligible to install new EPA verified diesel or battery powered APUs;
- Vehicles equipped with a 2007 or newer engine are eligible for this grant opportunity when installing new battery powered APUs only.
Applications will be accepted if received in the NDEQ Lincoln office on or before May 31, 2012.
- Vehicle owner or eligible lessee submits a complete application form along with supporting documentation.
- NDEQ reviews the application and supporting documents. If the application and supporting materials are approved, and if funding is available, NDEQ will issue a contract to the recipient and reserve funds.
- Applicant signs contract and returns to NDEQ within 14 days of NDEQ signature. If contract is not received within 14 days of NDEQ signature, this offer is void.
- Once the contract has been signed and timely returned to NDEQ, the applicant will be notified they can complete the purchase and installation of the new diesel or battery powered APU(s).
- The installation of the equipment must be completed within 90 days of the date contract was signed by NDEQ.
- Once installation is complete, applicant submits the Final Report Form, the Request for Reimbursement Form and all the information required on the Request for Reimbursement Form.
- NDEQ reviews reimbursement documents, performs inspection, if required, and once approved, issues the rebate.
- The total invoice cost of each new diesel or battery powered APU less taxes must be greater than or equal to $3,500.
- Request for Reimbursement Form and all supporting documentation must be submitted within 120 days of the date contract was signed by NDEQ.
APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUIRED
Use the following checklist to ensure you’ve submitted all required materials with your application. A complete application will include all the documents listed below. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Completed and signed application.
- DUNS Number. Applicant must obtain a DUNS number by calling 1-866-705-5711 or at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. DUNS number must be reported on the Rebate Application, Request for Reimbursement Form and the Final Report Form.
- Photocopy of Nebraska vehicle registration for each vehicle on which a new diesel or battery powered APU is to be installed.
- Photograph(s) of vehicle clearly showing the idling reduction technology has not been installed. The USDOT number and unique trucking identifying number (if applicable), should be visible.
- If the applicant is not the owner of the eligible equipment submit written approval from owner acknowledging permission to participate in this project.
- Copy of a detailed bid or quote which includes the following information:
- Diesel or battery powered APU Model and manufacturer you plan to install.
- VIN number of vehicle
- Vehicle Description:
- Mileage of vehicle
- Vehicle Year
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Model
- Engine Make,
- Engine Model and
- Engine Year (if different than vehicle model year)
- Detailed cost of diesel or battery powered APU to be installed
- Detailed cost of installation
Applications may also be hand delivered to NDEQ, 1200 N Street, Suite 400, Lincoln, NE
- Rebate applications cannot be submitted electronically (online), by email or fax. Only signed and dated original applications delivered to the address below will be accepted. Submit application form and all supporting materials to:
Tracy Thompson, NDEQ Clean Diesel Rebate Coordinator
Nebraska Clean Diesel Rebate Program
P.O. Box 98922
Lincoln NE 68509-8922
Questions? Please call (402) 471-4272 or toll free (877) 253-2603
Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
1200 "N" Street, Suite 400
P.O. Box 98922
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509